rlm_python

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Sat Apr 9 16:09:51 CEST 2016

Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:

>> On 6 Apr 2016, at 11:30, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 6, 2016, at 10:57 AM, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
>>> C extension modules which are using the "simplified" GIL API will deadlock if accessed in anything other than the first interpreter, IIRC.
>>
>>  Then we document it.  And anyone who doesn't read the documentation gets what they deserve
>
> mod_python includes an option to use the first interpreter context, so that's probably a knob we should add too.

Hmm, I vaguely remember that using mod_python is highly deprecated since many
years. So I'm not sure whether you view it as a good coding example.

> Python embedding really sucks.

Maybe it's better to not embed any script language interpreter at all and rather
encourage people to implement decent external demons listening on a Unix domain
socket where FreeRADIUS sends the requests to.

Ciao, Michael.