freeradius 3.0.4 CentOS 7.2 AD

Hubert Kupper kupper at uni-landau.de
Mon Apr 11 07:29:28 CEST 2016

Am 08.04.2016 um 13:00 schrieb Alan DeKok:
> On Apr 8, 2016, at 4:15 AM, Hubert Kupper <kupper at uni-landau.de> wrote:
>> we have freeradius 3.0.4 on a centos 7.2 machine with ldap authentication against edirectory running for a long time. Now we want to authenticate against AD. We followed the intructions on http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/active_directory.html
>>
>> ntlm_auth returns: NT_STATUS_OK: Success (0x0). Radiusd -X returns the following error:
>>
>> /etc/raddb/mods-config/files/authorize[1]: Parse error (check) for entry DEFAULT: Unknown value 'ntlm_auth' for attribute 'Auth-Type'
>>
>> What is the reason?
>    It means you're not following the guide.
>
>    The error message is pretty clear.  The DEFAULT entry you added at the start of the "authorize" file doesn't work.
>
>    Why?  Because you didn't add an ntlm_auth entry in the "authenticate" section, as documented in the guide.
>
>    Follow the guide.  Every step.  Don't skip steps.
>
>    Alan DeKok.
>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
Hello,

I had followed the guide and set a ntlm_auth entry in the "authenticate"
section of "default" and "inner-tunnel".

default:
authenticate {
         #
         #  PAP authentication, when a back-end database listed
         #  in the 'authorize' section supplies a password.  The
         #  password can be clear-text, or encrypted.
         Auth-Type PAP {
                 pap
         }

         #  Most people want CHAP authentication
         #  A back-end database listed in the 'authorize' section
         #  MUST supply a CLEAR TEXT password.  Encrypted passwords
         #  won't work.
         Auth-Type CHAP {
                 chap
         }

         #
         #  MSCHAP authentication.
         Auth-Type MS-CHAP {
                 mschap
         }

         #
         #  If you have a Cisco SIP server authenticating against
         #  FreeRADIUS, uncomment the following line, and the 'digest'
         #  line in the 'authorize' section.
         digest

         #
         #  Pluggable Authentication Modules.
#       pam
         #
         ntlm_auth

         #  Uncomment it if you want to use ldap for authentication
         #
         #  Note that this means "check plain-text password against
         #  the ldap database", which means that EAP won't work,
         #  as it does not supply a plain-text password.
         #
         #  We do NOT recommend using this.  LDAP servers are databases.
         #  They are NOT authentication servers.  FreeRADIUS is an
         #  authentication server, and knows what to do with authentication.
         #  LDAP servers do not.
         #
         Auth-Type LDAP {
                 ldap
         }

         #
         #  Allow EAP authentication.
         eap

         #
         #  The older configurations sent a number of attributes in
         #  Access-Challenge packets, which wasn't strictly correct.
         #  If you want to filter out these attributes, uncomment
         #  the following lines.
         #
#       Auth-Type eap {
#               eap {
#                       handled = 1
#               }
#               if (handled && (Response-Packet-Type == Access-Challenge)) {
#                       attr_filter.access_challenge.post-auth
#                       handled  # override the "updated" code from
attr_filter
#       }
}

inner-tunnel: