Is it possible to execute check-eap-tls before checking ocsp?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 22 15:14:12 CEST 2016

On Apr 22, 2016, at 4:38 AM, Mitsuhiro Nakamura <mitsuhiro.nakamura at nabiq.co.jp> wrote:

> Thank you for reply.
> I changed check-eap-tls before ocsp as bellow

  Order in the configuration files doesn't matter.

  Order *does* matter for "unlang", e.g. in authorize, authenticate, etc.

> raddb/sites-enabled/check-eap-tls
>        if ("%{TLS-Client-Cert-Common-Name}" =~ /^.*@domain\.com$/) {
>                update config {
>                        &Auth-Type := Accept

  You cannot do that.

  For one, it's "update control", not "update config".

  And you *cannot* just return "Accept" for EAP-TLS.  The protocol is designed to make that impossible.

  i.e. the configuration file lets you do that, but the client will detect that the protocol is wrong, and stop doing EAP-TLS... and not get on the network.

> but in this case ocsp never execute if check-eap-tls success.
> any ideas?

  If you bypass all of EAP-TLS by forcing Access-Accept, then yes... the EAP-TLS checks will not be run.