rlm_ippool - max_timeout

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 22 15:20:37 CEST 2016

On Apr 22, 2016, at 7:57 AM, Óscar Remírez de Ganuza Satrústegui <oscarrdg at unav.es> wrote:
> But with our actual freeradius (3.0.10) we are suffering some kind of
> corruption on db files if we used the tool "rlm_ippool_tool -r". With "kind
> of corruption" I meant that we are seeing that the pool size is getting
> smaller and smaller through time. [2] Very weird.

  Honestly... just use rlm_sql_ippool.  It's better, and you can use standard tools to administer the database.

> Or maybe we have just misunderstood the real use of this max_timeout
> attribute.

  Honestly, I'm not sure.  I haven't used the non-SQL ippool module in a long time.  We've even removed it in 3.1, because it doesn't make sense to have multiple implementations of the same thing.

  if you need a small on-disk IP pool, use rlm_sql_ippool, with the sqlite driver.  It does a lot more than the rlm_ippool module, and is more stable.