Simultaneous-Use and sql

Laurens Vets laurens at daemon.be
Sun Apr 24 01:26:04 CEST 2016

Hello list,

I'm trying to enable "Simultaneous-Use := 1" for all our users.
Currently, usernames and passwords are in the radcheck table and
authentication works without issues. The DB also contains the DHCP ip
pool.

I did the following:
1. Enabled "sql" in session in sites-available/default
2. Uncommented "simul_count_query" query in
mods-config/sql/main/mysql/queries.conf

And from
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/master/doc/configuration/simultaneous_use
I get:

INSERT INTO radgroupcheck (GroupName, Attribute, op, Value)
values("dialup", "Simultaneous-Use", ":=", "1");

Does that mean I have to assign all my users to a group ('dialup') or
can I use Simultaneous-Use somewhere else so that the default for all
users is 1 for instance?