acct-packages

dump at gmx.info dump at gmx.info
Thu Apr 28 10:39:39 CEST 2016

Dear list.

I'm using freeradius 2.2.5 on debian for authorization & authentication
to a WiFi-network. The NAS is a TP-Link TL-WR841ND, which is a router
including NAT (without DSL).

I'm trying setting up accounting for automatic session-timeout after the
account expired. For this purpose it seems I need `accounting', which is
activated for performing accounting entries in the mysql-radacct table.
The configuration looks to me okay.

Nevertheless the radacct table stays empty. No entries are made. After
reading the documentation it looks to me, that the client (in this case
the WiFi-router) must support accounting and send accounting packages to
make this feature work or is accounting available in every correctly
implemented radius-WiFi router? Must it the simply be activated and on
which keyword must I look for?
Many thanks in advance

Jens