Unexpected termination signal

Scott McLane Gardner sgardne at uark.edu
Fri Aug 19 00:24:37 CEST 2016

>> This was an issue with the PID. Probably my fault, but I thought I'd post the resolution here for anyone who may have done the same. The configuration line "pidfile = <path>" the path must match the path in /usr/lib/systemd/system/radiusd.service

> as you installed all this via distro package...and the FreeRADIUS path was the usual one - what was the systemd
entry path defined as?

During my initial configuration of radiusd.conf, I changed the "name = radiusd" variable to match my servers host name. Further down in the conf file, the line for the PID is actually defined by "pidfile = ${run_dir}/${name}.pid" Meanwhile in the  /usr/lib/systemd/system/radiusd.service file, the path is set to /var/run/radiusd/radiusd.pid explicitly. Not having initially understood all of what happened, I fixed it by changing the variable in the radiusd.conf file to be explicit as well: "/var/run/radiusd/radiusd.pid"

I probably will change it all back to defaults before I call this config done.

-Scott