help with getting freeradius working with ldap..

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Aug 22 09:18:42 CEST 2016

Hi,

> Im trying to migrate freeradius from an older server running freeradius 2.1.6. The new server is
> running from  rpms installed on my centos 7 server.
> freeradius-3.0.4-6.el7.x86_64
> freeradius-ldap-3.0.4-6.el7.x86_64
>
> and Im trying to start up the freeradius server and in the logs i see
> Sun Aug 21 16:05:55 2016 : Info: Loaded virtual server <default>
> Sun Aug 21 16:05:55 2016 : Error: /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[489]: Failed to find "ldap" in the "modules" section.
> Sun Aug 21 16:05:55 2016 : Error: /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[489]: Failed to parse "ldap" entry.
> Sun Aug 21 16:05:55 2016 : Error: Failed to load virtual server default

you arnet using any v2 config files on the new v3 server are you?
I as, because the default config on v3 will not fail like this - all you
need to do is configure the ldap module and the server will use it
*IF* the ldap is correct ( thats what the -ldap means.... nots just 'ldap' -
-ldap is a conditional module, will be called if the config was
okay for the module and its active/connected)

you've done the typical thing of just looking at the last few lines and
posting that small snipper. dont, the error is very likely in previous
output - post the full output of radiusd -X

alan