Not setting Auth-Type

Roberto Rios rrios at chattanooga.gov
Thu Aug 25 15:13:44 CEST 2016

hello guys. I am configuring radius with ldap. The binding is succesfull,
but when I try to radtest an existing user i get this error:

(2)   [logintime] = noop

(2)  WARNING: pap : No "known good" password found for the user.  Not
setting Auth-Type

(2)  WARNING: pap : Authentication will fail unless a "known good" password
is available

(2)   [pap] = noop

(2)  } #  authorize = ok

(2) ERROR: No Auth-Type found: rejecting the user via Post-Auth-Type =
Reject

(2) Failed to authenticate the user

..with a rejected response. The user does exists in active directory.

using : FreeRADIUS Version 3.0.4

radtest line: radtest xxxxxx1 xxxxxxx1 localhost 0 testing12

I keep reading not to set Auth-type and let the system do its thing.

What am I missing?

Thank you