PEAP with LDAP as authentication source

Ana Gallardo Gómez anaougu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 14:02:16 CEST 2016

Alan,

thank you for your response.

> I don't know if I can use PEAP with LDAP  as authentication source...
>
>   Yes, you can.  But you have to use LDAP as a *database*.  You cannot do
> an LDAP bind.

Ok, I can't becouse my passwords are store in crypt...

> The problem I found is that inner-tunnel server doesn't receive
> > User-Password attributte, so the bind in authentication is not
> successful:
>

>   So don't do LDAP bind.

Ok, I needed to know if it was ok thah inner-tunnel didn't receive the
User-Password or I had an error in my config...

> (9)     Auth-Type LDAP {
> > (9)       redundant redundant_ldap_auten_email {
> > (9) ldap1_auten_email: WARNING: You have set "Auth-Type := LDAP"
> somewhere
> > (9) ldap1_auten_email: WARNING:
> > (9) ldap1_auten_email: WARNING: * THAT CONFIGURATION IS WRONG.  DELETE
> > IT.
> > (9) ldap1_auten_email: WARNING: * YOU ARE PREVENTING THE SERVER FROM
> WORKING
> > (9) ldap1_auten_email: WARNING:
>
>   So... what is unclear about that message?  Go fix your configuration so
> it doesn't force Auth-Type = LDAP.

Nothing is unclear, the log is perfect ;D

> > It is posible use PEAP with LDAP as authentication source? with TTLS-PAP
> or
> > TTLS-MsCHAPv2 it works.

>   If it works for TTLS-MSCHAPv2, then it should work for PEAP.

Sorry, it didn't work with TTLS-MsCHAPv2... I was wrong.

Thank you very much

:: Ana Gallardo Gómez ::