WARNING: Unprintable characters in the password. Double-check the shared secret on the server and the NAS!

Narender Yadav narender.yadav at mojonetworks.com
Fri Dec 30 06:40:11 CET 2016

Thanks for the quick response Adam.

Regarding password, it is always "\010\n\r\177INCORRECT ". I have tried with
passwords i.e. 'abc123', 'welcome', 'test123'.

On NAS side, I am using http://freeradius.org/pam_radius_auth/ and below is
the /etc/pam.d/sshd file details:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       sufficient   pam_radius_auth.so
auth       required     pam_sepermit.so
auth       include      password-auth
account    required     pam_nologin.so
account    include      password-auth
password   include      password-auth
# pam_selinux.so close should be the first session rule
session    sufficient   pam_radius_auth.so debug conf=/etc/raddb/server
session    required     pam_selinux.so close
session    required     pam_loginuid.so
# pam_selinux.so open should only be followed by sessions to be executed in
the user context
session    required     pam_selinux.so open env_params
session    required     pam_namespace.so
session    optional     pam_keyinit.so force revoke
session    include      password-auth

Please let me know if you need any further details of NAS.

Regards,
Narender