OpenLDAP+FreeRadius Encryption

Greg Mischel Smith gregms at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 23:15:44 CET 2016

> On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 3:13 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
>
>> GTC seems to be the only option but Android and Mac (in
>> particular) keep trying to choose mschapv2.
>
>   Did you configure those systems to use GTC?
>   If you just configure one end, it won't work.  BOTH have to be set to use GTC.

On an Android phone, I can force it to use GTC and I can confirm it
works. On a Mac, I can't figure out how to make it use GTC (though
I've seen a screenshot of it online via freeradius discussion) so I
know it is possible, I was just hoping someone on here either
configured their mac to use GTC (via a MDM solution or something
else). Judging by your last statement, the Mac is (sending?) mschap by
default and it doesn't matter what freeradius is set to as it has to
be configured on the Mac (or phones) to send/use GTC.