segfault calling rc_auth()

dev devuan.2 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 16:01:34 CET 2016

On 02/03/2016 08:31 AM, Herwin Weststrate wrote:

> rc_read_config, I assume. read_rc_config does not occur in the source.

Yes, my mistake. rc_read_config()

> There are a number of reasons why rc_read_config may return NULL. Most
> of the add a logmessage. Otherwise, use something like gdb to step
> through the program, this will give more useful information than strace.

Thanks again. Checked syslog as you suggested and seems to be a leftover
"seqfile" setting in my config. Commented it out and it's fixed:

Feb  3 08:15:31 ldap1 radexample[14828]:
/usr/local/freeradius-client-git/etc/radiusclient/radiusclient.conf:
line 58: unrecognized keyword: seqfile

It appears that the git version of freeradius-client does not exhibit
the segfault behaviour I was seeing with the 1.1.6 Ubuntu package :)  It
will take further testing, but I could usually reproduce the issue
within 10 logins or so. So far so good! Thanks again.