RadPerf Overload Testing packets/s is much lower than in Performance Testing

Jim jbalatero at visp.net
Sat Feb 6 05:58:12 CET 2016

I tried the performance testing in RadPerf for -p 8 to see the maximum
accepted load that a RADIUS server can handle. The result was 203
packets/s. My problem now is in the overload testing, I was not able to
reach the packets/s number printed out for -p. I tried -n 200 and 500
but got a very low packets/s in my result, it was 34 packets/s. What
might be wrong?

I'm using python module and MySQL database.

Here's my result for -p 8:

Total sent        :  10000
Total retransmits :  0
Total succeeded   :  10000