Version 3.0.4 Centos 7 EAP-TLS : EAP failure

John Teasley ollieteasley at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 01:07:13 CET 2016

Well looks like from this point it maybe NetworkManager and how it deals
with the certs. Using wpa_supplicant I am able to connect using the
WPA_SUPPLICANT_CONFIG block below. Once I get everything sorted out I will
redo the certs. However, I dont get why this is not working with
NetworkManager. That will be for another forum I guess. I am curious though
if my traffic is now encrypted ( even though the certs are just the
snake-oil certs) when connecting using wpa_supplicant outside of network
manager.

WPA_SUPPLICANT CONFIG :

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=wheel
network={
 ssid="trunk2"
 scan_ssid=1
 key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
 pairwise=TKIP CCMP
 group=TKIP CCMP
 eap=TLS
 identity="user at example.org"
 ca_cert="/home/loper/NetworkManager_CERTS/ca.pem"
 client_cert="/home/loper/NetworkManager_CERTS/user.pem"
 private_key="/home/loper/NetworkManager_CERTS/client.key"
 private_key_passwd="whatever"
 eapol_flags=3
}

Ollie Teasley