rlm_perl and PEAP/MSCHAPv2

Herwin Weststrate herwin at quarantainenet.nl
Mon Feb 8 16:02:08 CET 2016

On 08-02-16 15:36, Chaigneau, Nicolas wrote:
> That's incorrect. The RAD_CHECK hash is read/write.
> You have another hash, RAD_CONFIG, which also maps to control items but is read only. (I'm not sure what use it is, probably for backward compatibility.)

It has indeed been kept in v3.0.x for backwards compatibility. Somehow
botch RAD_CHECK and RAD_CONFIG had ended up in rlm_perl some day. Since
rlm_perl works with replacing the complete list in freeradius with
values read from the hash, and both these lists were used, the values of
RAD_CONFIG were overwritten by the values of RAD_CHECK, making the first
effectively read-only.
Freeradius v3.1.x is a bit cleaner here, but v3.0.x can't simply be
updated because older scripts may break.

--
Herwin Weststrate