extending mysql accounting for IPv6

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Wed Feb 17 22:13:30 CET 2016

We are deploying IPv6 capable CPE devices on a Cisco ASR9k BRAS. The ASR
provides the following attributes in its accounting packets:
Framed-IPv6-Address and Delegated-IPv6-Prefix. These are present in the
freeradius dictionary, however, the current MySQL schema has no way to
store these. I'd like to extend the existing schema to handle these
additional attributes. Is it as simple as modifying the existing
accounting table and accounting mysql queries? Any guidance or advice
would be appreciated (freeradius-2.2.6-6.el6_7.x86_64).

Thanks,
--Blake