Empty packet, socket not ready message

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jan 14 15:40:29 CET 2016

On Jan 14, 2016, at 8:50 AM, Alex Sharaz <alex.sharaz at york.ac.uk> wrote:
> After the upgrade I rebuilt FR 2.2.9 and while tings are working, I'm now
> getting a lot of  Error: Empty packey: socket not ready messages

  That message shows up when the server gets told by the OS that there's data ready, but there ends up being no data when it tries to get the next packet.

  Unfortunately, it's an OS issue.  There is very little that FreeRADIUS can do to work around the fact that the OS is lying to it.

  Try looking for OS upgrades.  Maybe there's a kernel bug.