packages: freeradius vs freeradius-mysql

Daniel Lopez danilogo1991 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 20:16:28 CET 2016

Hi. I'm using Freeradius 2.1.12  in Ubuntu 14.04 with MYSQL and PhpMyadmin.
I install only freeradius-mysql package and so far everything has gone
well. However recently I've seen some tutorials where they install both
freeradius and freeradius-mysql.
I was wrong to install only freeradius-mysql package? what features could I
miss?
Now when I try to install freeradius package it says to me it is already
installed, but, for instance, I can't find the *.cnf files in /certs folder.
Thanks for your help