New EAP method: EAP-AKA.

Mathieu Simon (Lists) matsimon.lists at simweb.ch
Thu Jul 7 07:16:52 CEST 2016

Am 06.07.2016 um 14:59 schrieb Alan DeKok:
>   We' just added EAP-AKA to the v4.0.x branch.  This method is similar to EAP-SIM, and is mainly used in the telco industry, especially in WiFi hand-off.
>
>   This work was sponsored by a telco who wishes to remain anonymous.
Thanks to those who made that happen and the anonymous telco who
sponsored it.

>   We have another popular EAP method coming soon, too.
Cool, looking forward to that addition.

>   The new EAP methods will not be available in version 2.x or version 3.0, as those are stable versions which have no new features.  They will be available in the v4.0.x branch, which has other new features which the methods need.
Understandable, especially 2.x and 3.0, how about 3.1.x/3.2?

Is there a timeline where 3.2 is going to be tagged so that
distributions and porters may start porting it for packaging?

Though I'm pretty happy with the current state of v3.0.x builds by my
needs but 3.0.12 hasn't yet been tagged.

-- Mathieu