server error in 3.0.11/ unknown column

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 20 10:11:54 CEST 2016

On Jul 20, 2016, at 9:55 AM, Wegener, Norbert <norbert.wegener at atos.net> wrote:

> I have my users in a local mysql database and want to send logs to a central
> mysql database via sql-relay.

  You should use the rlm_sql_null driver to log SQL queries to disk.  The queries will be created and written to disk, without checking any local database.

> I get a server error:
> (0) sqldef:    --> INSERT INTO radpostauth (username, pass, reply, authdate,
> nasname,
> (0) sqldef: ERROR: rlm_sql_mysql: ERROR 1054 (Unknown column 'nasipaddress'
> in 'field list'): 42S22
> (0) sqldef: SQL query returned: server error

  That only happens because you're writing to *both* a local SQL database, and also to disk.

  If you configure one SQL module to write to a local DB, without logging, it will work.

  Then, configure another SQL module using the rlm_sql_null driver.  Have it log to disk, and it won't write to any local DB.