Update Reply returns noop

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 25 15:44:17 CEST 2016

> On Jul 25, 2016, at 8:32 AM, Anastasios Gryponisiotis <plant7 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I thought it was apparent that the problem is that the module returns noop
> while it in fact operates on the reply (when reject is added).

   If you read "man unlang", you will see that "update" is not a module.

> I would expect a matching if to be acted upon and update the reply as per
> the unlang, thus doing what it is supposed to do and thus authorizing users
> matching this.

  Yes, that's what's happening.  But note that "authorization" is not "authentication".

> Instead, a noop is returned which results in Access-Reject
> for these users.

  No, that's not what's happening.

  Since you edited the debug log to remove all useful information, I can't tell what else is going on.

  My guess is that you didn't configure the server to return an Access-Accept.  Which explains why the user was rejected.

> Am I wrong in expecting the update of a reply to be effected since the if
> conditional is in fact true?

  I have no idea what you expect.  The reply is affected by the update statement.  A simple "update' WILL NOT, and MUST NOT cause the server to return Access-Accept.

  If you want the server to return Access-Accept, you should add:

	update control {
		Auth-Type := Accept
	}

  But I'm only guessing at your intent here.  You've been careful to give as little information as possible about the problem, and about what you're doing, and about what you want it to do.