radacct.pl

Alex Moen alexm at ndtel.com
Wed Jun 1 20:28:44 CEST 2016

Until just last month, we were using FreeRADIUS circa 2007? 2008?  IDK
for sure, because that server has been put out to pasture.

Anyway, in the good old days, we were able to parse the accounting logs
using a perl script named radacct.pl.  We use this to determine dialup
usage overage (yes, we still have some users that want to use dialup,
even though it's as expensive as a DSL connection.  Don't ask me... I
just work here.)

However, with our NEW and IMPROVED FreeRADIUS 3.0.4, and with the new
versions of Perl, radacct.pl no longer works.  I guess I can't blame it,
the last time it was updated was, like, 1998.

So, what is the modern way to parse the logs and get the usage information?

Thanks!!

--
Alex Moen
NSTII