EAP-Tls with MySQL

Nicolas Roussi nicolas.roussi at archimedean.org
Sat Jun 18 18:17:16 CEST 2016

On Jun 17, 2016, at 7:07 PM, Matthew Newton <mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk> wrote:
> Er, EAP-TLS doesn't use passwords.
> What are you actually using?

My understanding after reviewing the debug messages is that upon association with the AP, the client performs a key exchange with FR server.
Then, once the secure channel is setup, the client is asked to provide username and password. Is my understanding correct? I used this guide: https://sites.google.com/site/strangemovement/raspberry-pi/04---install-and-configure-wpa2-enterprise <https://sites.google.com/site/strangemovement/raspberry-pi/04---install-and-configure-wpa2-enterprise>

That password is expected (or it defaults to) Cleartext-Password. Is there a way that I can change that? As I said before, it works. I just don’t feel comfortable saving user passwords in cleartext in my DB.

Thanks