EAP-Tls with MySQL

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Jun 18 18:54:30 CEST 2016

On Jun 18, 2016, at 12:17 PM, Nicolas Roussi <nicolas.roussi at archimedean.org> wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2016, at 7:07 PM, Matthew Newton <mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Er, EAP-TLS doesn't use passwords.
>> What are you actually using?
>
> My understanding after reviewing the debug messages is that upon association with the AP, the client performs a key exchange with FR server.
> Then, once the secure channel is setup, the client is asked to provide username and password.

  Then it's not EAP-TLS.

  You *could* read the debug output to see what EAP method it uses...

> Is my understanding correct? I used this guide: https://sites.google.com/site/strangemovement/raspberry-pi/04---install-and-configure-wpa2-enterprise

  The Wiki has documentation for getting EAP to work.  If you go to http://freeradius.org/ and click on the "documentation" link, you'll get more documentation.

  I just don't understand why people go to bad third-party sites instead of reading the Wiki and web site.

> That password is expected (or it defaults to) Cleartext-Password. Is there a way that I can change that? As I said before, it works. I just don’t feel comfortable saving user passwords in cleartext in my DB.

  Read this:

http://deployingradius.com/documents/protocols/compatibility.html

  And then decide what format passwords should be in.