FR 3.1 NAS-IP-Address

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jun 23 16:12:15 CEST 2016

On Jun 23, 2016, at 10:02 AM, Scott Armitage <S.P.Armitage at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:
> using unlang %{NAS-IP-Address} returns an empty value.  You have to use %{outer.request:NAS-IP-Address} to get the NAS-IP-Address value.  This happened a few weeks ago but then a couple of days later the behaviour returned to normal.  Then it returned again.

  Is there a NAS-IP-Address in the inner tunnel?  The full debug should show it.

> Also you can’t Ctrl+C in debug mode (something which also came, disappeared and is now back).

  I'm not sure what that is.  There are some third-party libraries which catch SIGINT and ignore it... which is rude.

  I haven't seen that behaviour in my tests.

>> The debug output shows that there's no NAS-IP-Address being expanded.  Is there one in the packet?
>>

> Yes, the NAS-IP-Address appears to be in the Access-Request:

  And it's not in the inner-tunnel.  See the debug output:

> (14,3)  Virtual server inner-tunnel received request
> (14,3)    &EAP-Message = 0x020c00061a03
> (14,3)    &FreeRADIUS-Proxied-To = 127.0.0.1
> (14,3)    &User-Name = "itis at lboro.ac.uk"

  That would explain why NAS-IP-Address isn't in the inner tunnel.