detail polling stops after failover

denis den.zinevich at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 11:10:58 CEST 2016

Hello,

I was using freeradius 2.1 for a while, and at some point I had to make
robust proxy accounting solution.
While testing I ran into problem with multiplying Proxy-State, described
here: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freeradius.devel/6276
Hence I decided to move to 3.0.4 (installed from networkradius.com repo)
I discarded all old configs I had and making setup from scratch, at first
stage trying to make minimum changes in examples.

Now I'm trying to make work/understand following scenario:

- start freeradius with only one upstream servers alive (home1 is alive,
home2 initially dead)
- auth with client (pptp + radiusclient)
- stop alive upstream server (home1 dies, so no server will respond to
Interim-Update)
   acct data starts to get logged into detail.examle.com/ folder
- then I bring up home1, it's clear from logs that radius server marks it
"alive"
   but detail polling never goes on, i.e detail files remain on disk
if I restart freeradius it polls detail files immediately and send to
upstream

I spent a while trying to debug/understand what's going on, but at this
point I'm stuck, thus asking for help.
configs and log are too long to include in mail, so created gists:
debug log:
https://gist.github.com/dzinevich/56b3259246b62a36d2ed62836b181fac
configs: https://gist.github.com/dzinevich/cd7d8510093293f4b9fab49f60535918

--