rlm_redis_ippool_tool

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Mar 9 00:46:29 CET 2016

On Mar 8, 2016, at 5:06 PM, O'Connell, Ryan <ryan.oconnell at viasat.com> wrote:

> Looking for an example/guidance of using the rim_redis_ippool_tool to add a subnet to a fresh installation (Redis running localhost)?  I have the (3.1.0) server up and connected to Redis and can submit a simulated request but there are no IP’s to assign.  I have tried following the help (-h) and man pages for the tool without success.  Debug output below.

  You've got to populate the redis database with IP addresses.  rlm_redis_ippool_tool should do this.  Try doing:

$ rlm_redis_ippool_tool -h

  You'll need to do "-a" to add addresses to the pool.

> [root at dhcp02 ~]# rlm_redis_ippool_tool -x -f bootstrap.conf 127.0.0.1:6379
> Nothing to do!

  i.e. you told it to read a bootstrap file, but not to *do* anything.  Again, read the output of "-h".

> [root at dhcp02 ~]# rlm_redis_ippool_tool -xS 127.0.0.1:6379
> rlm_redis_ippool_tool [1] - Opening additional connection (0), 1 of 10 pending slots used

  You've asked it to print statistics about the pool.  Since there are no IPs in the pool, there are no statistics to print.

  Use "-a" to add addresses to the pool.