rlm_sql_db2 sql server configuration

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Mar 12 15:48:31 CET 2016

On Mar 12, 2016, at 7:53 AM, abdurrm at ub.ac.id wrote:

> I forced configure to compile rlm_sql_db2 using libdb2 V10.5 instead of IBM DB2 UDB V7 as mention in rlm_sl_db2.c
> I have read IBM cli SQLConnect() documentation, about what argument should been sent. (because SQLConnect() using DSN/Data Source instead of Server's IP Address. and my V10.5-libdb2 is works with my php-pecl-db2 module)
> is there any special configuration in etc/raddb/mods-enabled/sql for db2? notably "server" and "radius-db"?

  There should be no special configuration.

> I've beed compile both stable 3.0.4 and last master-branch 3.1.x and keep give me error "rlm_sql_db2 - could not connect to DB2 server [idontknowwhatshouldisethere"

  Is that really the error message?

  If it can't connect to the SQL server, read the SQL server documentation for what connection parameters are used.

> Here is my sql configuration :
>
> dialect = "db2"
> server = "my.db.2.serv"
> #server = "(DATABASE=db2admin;HOSTNAME=x.x.x.x;PORT=50000;PROTOCOL=TCPIP;UID=db2inst1;PWD=xxx)" # i have tried to use PHP-PECL-DB2 DSN based, it also wont work.

  That shouldn't be hard to figure out.  You have a database, hostname, port, etc. in that connection string.  And you have similar options in the SQL module configuration.  How about using the parameters from PHP-PECL-DB2 in the FreeRADIUS configuration?

radius_db = db2admin
server = x.x.x.
port = 50000
login = db2inst1