EAP-TTLS/PAP with realm - <no User-Password attribute>

Rob Gorrell rwgorrel at uncg.edu
Tue Mar 15 01:43:01 CET 2016

Ah, thank you Alan, I see and understand what I did wrong. after making
that slight change, I'm getting Access-Accepts through eapol_test's now.

Thanks for your patience and help in understanding freeradius.

-Rob

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 8:03 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
wrote:

> On Mar 14, 2016, at 7:54 PM, Rob Gorrell <rwgorrel at uncg.edu> wrote:
> >
> > So when I try nostrip in my "realm rgorrell.net {" definition inside
> > proxy.conf, I get what appears to be an infinite loop and a bunch of
> zombie
> > messages out of the log file.
>
>   Except you didn't configure it for that realm and "nostrip".  You
> configured it to proxy that realm back to localhost.  Which creates an
> infinite loop.
>
>   Don't do that.
>
>   If you want a realm to be handled as a local realm, just add this to
> proxy.conf:
>
> realm rgorrel.net {
> }
>
>   That's it.
>
> > I'm very much an new at setting up EAP, so most certainly I'm still doing
> > something wrong, but for the pieces just aren't making clicking for me
> yet.
> > any clarification you could provide me on "with suitable auth methods in
> > the inner-tunnel virtual server"I would appreciate.
>
>   Follow the instructions on http://deployingradius.com.  It WILL work.
>
>   That web site contains detailed instructions on what to do, and why it
> works.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Robert W. Gorrell
Systems Architect, Identity and Access Management
University of NC at Greensboro
336-334-5954
PGP Key ID B36DB0CA