Freeradius/LDAP Authentication issue

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Mar 24 14:32:15 CET 2016

On Mar 24, 2016, at 5:33 AM, Benjamin Dupalut <benjamin.dupalut at esiee.fr> wrote:
> Thank you for your replies.
>
> I wrote "clientpassword" so i don't publish a private password in this public mail. I modified the clients.conf file to set the localhost client password to "testing123" and perform this new radtest :

  The shared secrets have to match.  In this test, they match.  In your previous test, they did not match.

> root at freeradius:/etc/freeradius# radtest testfreeradius 123 127.0.0.1 0 testing123
> Sending Access-Request of id 68 to 127.0.0.1 port 1812
>    User-Name = "testfreeradius"
>    User-Password = "123"

  Is that the correct password?

> WARNING: Please update your configuration, and remove 'Auth-Type = Local'
> WARNING: Use the PAP or CHAP modules instead.

  And you haven't listed "pap" in the "authorize" section, as I suggested.

  Are you reading the replies to your posts?

> User-Password in the request does NOT match "known good" password.

  That's definitive.  The users password is not "123".