performance issues freeradius 2.1.12

Nathan Ward lists+freeradius at daork.net
Wed Mar 30 13:38:55 CEST 2016

Hi,

> On 30/03/2016, at 22:47, khouzam yaghi <khouzam.yaghi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> the php script calculate the overall quota for the user, the monthly and
> the daily , each time i got an interim update for a user i added the
> acctinputoctet and acctoutputoctet to the monthly and daily quota (daily
> quota is to be reset everyday at 12 midnight) and it checks if the users
> exceeds his daily or monthly quota it will decrease his speed as specified
> in the database, the script also take care of the free time, if the isp
> specify a freetime , the server will not add the acctinputoctet and
> acctoutputoctet to the quota at freetime.
>
> is it better to use perl instead of php or what do you think is better??

These things could be done directly with SQL to your database, which is what I’d do.

> what about receiving conflicting packets error (only from one nas out of 15
> nases). is it the nas that is overloaded or the server is slow?

I don’t have enough information to answer that. It’s strange that it’s only that NAS, but, maybe that NAS just happens to be busy so there’s more chance it happens there.

Is the server replying before the NAS retransmits the request packet? That would probably indicate packet loss in the downstream direction towards the NAS.

Perhaps you can post a debug of this happening.

--
Nathan Ward