Subject: Re: freeradius 2 certificate compatibility issue with ubuntu

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue May 3 10:17:28 CEST 2016

Hi,

> Maybe you can help my get past the part that held me up (for most of a week) the last several times I tried to install this version.

maybe - but we all do things in different ways - for example, I would just install build essentials, the mysql-dev, ssl-dev etc etc
and build freeradius 3 from source myself

>   mysql -u root -p radius < /etc/freeradius/mods-config/sql/main/mysql/schema.sql
>   mysql -u root -p < /etc/freeradius/mods-config/sql/main/mysql/setup.sql

note the above paths......

> Now, the manual at http://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/SQL-HOWTO says to open "/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf" and "$INCLUDE  sql.conf", but "sql.conf" isn't in this version. It also says to edit "/etc/raddb/sql.conf" and the "raddb" directory doesn't even exist on my computer.

the guide you are readin is still v2 specific.

for v3 there are README.rst files in the top level config location (when built from source anyway!) and mods-config directory.

if not there - read them from the freeradius git repository web front end.

in v3, the sql and ldap and conditional modules....which means to use them, you simply need to configure
the sql module  - note the above path I asked you to note? - they are the specific config parts but you need to edir
mods-available/sql  as required ('the engine') - and then ensure theres a symlink to it in the mods-enabled

...then restart the freeradius process after making the change

alan