Virtual server with dedicated database

Lorenzo Milesi maxxer at ufficyo.com
Fri May 6 11:22:07 CEST 2016

Hi.
I have created a second virtual server on my FreeRADIUS 2.2.9 with a dedicated database, but I'm having troubles with checks.
My goal is to have a second port which is identical to the first, same db structure, but separate user base.

In sql.conf I modified the standard 'sql' instance and renamed it to 'sql_principale', then created a 'sql_biblioteche' for the second virtual server.
In the virtual server I modified all the 'sql' occurrences with the new instance, and the 'default' server with 'sql_principale'.

Everything seems to be ok, but I just noticed that restrictions check were not applied anymore. For example Max-Daily-Session was not enforced. So I noticed I didn't replace the sqlmod-inst option in counter.conf. After doing that I realized that this means the same Max-Daily-Session on both virtual server would be checked against the first database only! So, since the sql instance is bonded to the database check, this means I would have to redefine and duplicate all checks for the second database?

I'd like to understand if this is the correct way to go, because I'd rather not duplicate and differentiate the attributes between the two servers.

Did I miss something in the configuration, or is this the only way to go?

thanks
Lorenzo Milesi - lorenzo.milesi at yetopen.it

YetOpen S.r.l. - http://www.yetopen.it/