Selective disabling of radacct and radpostauth entries for specific users in 3.0.12

Alex Sharaz alex.sharaz at york.ac.uk
Fri May 6 12:16:14 CEST 2016

Hi,

With FR 2.x I configured stuff so that for locally generated "Health-Check"
users I didn't write entries into the back end database. some of these
users authenticate every 30 seconds. This worked fine.

I've now set up two 3.0.12 servers that write radacctg and radpostauth info
into a postgresql back end db. Again everything works fine and I can see
appropriate entries in the db tables. What I can't find is where to put my
"If auths from this client don't write to the db" clause in my sites-enable
directory files.

I thought something like

       if  ("%{client:shortname}"  != "systems0")  {
           -sql
        }

would work but FR is  hanging in there and still writing the users into the
db. I should point out that I'm using the "null" sql driver and writing
accoiunting and postauth stuff into a text file with radsqlrelay actually
doing the job of getting the data into the db.

rgds
Alex