Ldap searches don't seem to honour connect_timeout

Franks Andy (IT Technical Architecture Manager) Andy.Franks at sath.nhs.uk
Tue May 10 20:00:53 CEST 2016

Hi Alan,
  Configure reports the below – is doesn’t say which it’s using afaics:.

=== configuring in src/modules/rlm_ldap (/home/andy/freeradius-server/src/modules/rlm_ldap)
checking for ldap_init in -lldap... yes
checking for ldap.h... yes
checking for ldap_sasl_interactive_bind... yes
checking for ldap_unbind_ext_s... yes
checking for ldap_start_tls_s... yes
checking for ldap_initialize... yes
checking for ldap_set_rebind_proc... yes
checking for ldap_create_sort_control... yes
checking for ldap_create_sort_keylist... yes
checking for ldap_free_sort_keylist... yes
checking for ldap_create_session_tracking_control... yes
checking for ldap_url_parse... yes
checking for ldap_is_ldap_url... yes
checking for ldap_url_desc2str... yes
checking whether ldap_create_session_tracking_control is declared... no
checking whether ldap_set_rebind_proc takes 3 arguments... 3

.. however I don’t have any nss specific named dev libraries installed, but do have
libldap2-dev:amd64
which apt-cache says is openldap :

Description-en: OpenLDAP development libraries
This package allows development of LDAP applications using the OpenLDAP
libraries. It includes headers, libraries and links to allow static and
dynamic linking.

.. so I guess it’s openldap.

Thanks
Andy