acct_unique

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed May 11 21:24:24 CEST 2016

On May 10, 2016, at 9:15 PM, Aurélio de Souza Ribeiro Neto <netolistas at mpc.com.br> wrote:
> I'm using 2.2.9 version, with mysql and Mikrotik NAS.
>
> My  acct_unique module is in default mode:
>
> acct_unique {
>        key = "User-Name, Acct-Session-Id, NAS-IP-Address, NAS-Identifier, NAS-Port"
> }
>
> Sometimes I have this error in my radius.log
>
> Error: [sql] Couldn't insert SQL accounting START record - Duplicate entry 'c06a0179ea129d88' for key 'acctuniqueid'
>
> How can I solve this? Any idea?

  It means you have duplicate accounting Start records.

  The problem is most likely that your NAS is re-using values for Acct-Session-Id.  Either upgrade your NAS, or buy a NAS that works.

  There is pretty much nothing you can do to FreeRADIUS to "fix" the issue.  The NAS is essentially lying to the server, and no amount of server-side changes will make the NAS work correctly.