LDAP + SASL Freeradius 3.0.11

Matthew Beckler mbeckler at overturecenter.org
Fri May 13 15:13:46 CEST 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: Isaac Boukris [mailto:iboukris at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2016 3:30 PM
To: FreeRadius users mailing list <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org>
Subject: Re: LDAP + SASL Freeradius 3.0.11

>Try to comment out identity and password directives in conf.

I get the same error with identity and password commented out except it says anonymous.:
(Last run had password commented out but identity not)

rlm_ldap (ldap): Opening additional connection (0), 1 of 32 pending slots used
rlm_ldap (ldap): Connecting to ldap://dc1.dc.local:389
rlm_ldap (ldap): Starting SASL mech(s): GSSAPI
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
rlm_ldap (ldap): Bind with (anonymous) to ldap://dc1.dc.local:389 failed: Local error                                                                                        r
rlm_ldap (ldap): Opening connection failed (0)
rlm_ldap (ldap): Removing connection pool
/etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/ldap[8]: Instantiation failed for module "ldap"

One other point to help with this. I did have some trouble in the beginning using GSSAPI with ldapsearch even as some libraries were missing. So maybe I'm still missing some things. It was giving me an "Unsupported mechanism error" until I installed the proper libraries.  I know libsasl2 and sasl2-bin were installed but I think libsasl2-modules-gssapi-mit was not installed when I was getting that previous error.

Also I have restarted the server and verified that ldapsearch is still working.

Thanks
Matt