Catching errors in SQL xlat queries

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri May 27 03:13:51 CEST 2016

> On 26 May 2016, at 19:28, Pshem Kowalczyk <pshem.k at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Ok, this definitely helps, but I'll go back to my original question - is
> there a way to tell if that empty string is a result of the query returning
> nothing or a DB failure?

Not currently, internally a lot of the xlat functions do return < 0 to signify a failure, but with v3.0.x this doesn't get translated into something useful.

What could we usefully do with a failing string expansion?  I guess if it's in an update block and we make updates atomic, then the whole update block could fail.

If it's a module configuration item the module could fail...

Conditions are weird though.

-Arran