FreeRadius 3.0.11 and Winbind

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Nov 11 15:01:08 CET 2016

Hi,

> I am doing a setup has the following criteria. I have setup as per
> instruction from freeradius wiki but stuck with the Dynamic VLAN part.  May
> I know where can I get further information on Authorization for VLAN
> setup?  Thank you for helping.

read the docs, configure the server as required.

> https://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/Active-Directory-direct-via-winbind
>
> Existing Setup
> 1) Windows 2012R2 Acitive Directory Server
>
> Proposed Setup
> 1) Unifi AP-Lite with Unifi Controller 5.2.9, FreeRadius 3.0.11, Samba 4.3
> 2) WAP-Enterprise with PEAP-MSCHAPv2
> 3) Dynamic VLAN Assignment by user group

so...HOW are you determining group membership? from the AD? using LDAP ?
if so, look at eg LDAP-Group info....use unlang to define your check and
policy and return required thing.  this can be done in SO many ways - it depends
on how you want to engineer it.

alan