Freeradius DHCP - strange behavior [SOLVED?]

Kamil Jońca kjonca at o2.pl
Sat Nov 12 20:46:39 CET 2016

Finally all my devices works, but it is *against* warning from logs.

I have had:
listen {

    type = dhcp
    ipaddr = *
    src_ipaddr = 192.168.200.200
    port = 67
    interface = lan
    broadcast = yes

I commented out "interface = " line, and now everything works,
regardless of
Sat Nov 12 20:28:28 2016 : Warning: You MUST set "interface" if you have "broadcast = yes"
Sat Nov 12 20:28:28 2016 : Debug: (7) DHCP: Reply will be broadcast as no interface was defined
in logs.

With "interface = lan"
there were no "DHCP-ACK" for some devices (and it was my fault when
sending previous mail)

I am still not sure if it is freeradius issue or my routing, arp or
sth.

Alan asks about system:

uname -a
Linux alfa 4.4.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.4.6-1 (2016-03-17) x86_64 GNU/Linux

sudo getcap -v /usr/sbin/freeradius
/usr/sbin/freeradius = cap_net_bind_service,cap_net_admin,cap_net_raw+ei

" cap_net_bind_service" and "cap_net_raw" is probably unneccessary.

KJ

--
http://stopstopnop.pl/stop_stopnop.pl_o_nas.html
A guy has to get fresh once in a while so a girl doesn't lose her confidence.