Small issue with buffered-sql

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Nov 25 14:01:01 CET 2016

On Nov 25, 2016, at 7:55 AM, Alex Sharaz <alex.sharaz at york.ac.uk> wrote:

>> was trying to use buffered sql for post-auth and accounting packets
>> although the details.work file continued to grow, it never came down.
>
>> Then read the debug output to see what's going on.
>
> ran freeradius with -fxxxx

  Don't do that.

  Follow the documentation.  It's not hard.

  "radiusd -X" is fine.

> Would have loved to have read what was going on in buffered-sql.
> Unfortunately  couldn't see much relating to buffered-sql procesing details
> file contents..... which is why I posted the message, did try that first

  You should have a detail file reader which reads the detail file.  If you edited the configuration, you should be familiar with it.  Then, read the debug output, to see when / how the detail file is being read.

  If the detail file isn't being read, that explains why the detail files are growing.