FreeRADIUS server: Error in testing user access!

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Nov 28 15:21:13 CET 2016

 i,

>                 I’ve installed and configured FreeRADIUS 3.0.12 on Ubuntu
> 16.04 LTS.
>

>                 In the file ‘/usr/local/etc/raddb/mods-available/eap’ I’ve
> specified:
>
>                                 - “default_eap_type = peap” in the general
> ‘eap’ section, and
>
>                                 - “default_eap_type = mschapv2” in the
> ‘peap’ section.
>

>                 After running the server with ‘radiusd –X’, I test it with
> the default user ‘bob’ defined in ‘/usr/local/etc/raddb/users’:
>

>                                 radtest bob hello localhost 0 testing123

radtest just does a PAP test....so it wont be testing EAP - you need to use either radeaptest or eapol_test (thats part of the wpa_supplicant
package)

what you've dont would pretty much work out of the box (for PAP) - so it suggests that
other config files have been edited (the default virtual server should be present and
will call files module by default)...thats assuming that you have actually

1) uncommented the bob user in files

2) ensured the server is reading your edited config files and isnt reading from some
other locations (radiusd -X will show you what config files its reading! :) )

alan