LDAP, SASL GSSAPI, and group membership, rebind fails

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Oct 3 20:09:57 CEST 2016

On Oct 3, 2016, at 2:01 PM, Tom Carroll <Thomas.Carroll at pnnl.gov> wrote:
> >> Re-including freeradius -X output:
> >
> >   Please don't waste my time. I read that in the first message. There is no need to include it again.
> >
> >   As a hint for future questions, if you're asking questions here, it means you don't have the answer.  So it's rude to question the people who do know the answer, and are kind enough to help you.
>
> Alan, I didn't mean to offend your constitution. The supplied answer didn't agree with the runtime log artifacts and I was fishing for a different answer or to anchor a thoughtful discussion. I appreciated your help as it allowed me to quickly exclude possibilities and to demonstrate the real problem.

  I help because I do want to make a difference.

  My frustration stems from the following kind of conversation:

Q: Hi, I have a problem .... how do I fix it?

A: Go here and do this... followed by that...

Q: No, you're wrong!  I won't do that.

  It's frustrating.  And it deserves a blunt response of "stop playing games.  Follow instructions, or else".

  I know most people don't *think* they're being troublesome with such a response.  But... it's a problem.