FRS-3.0.4 Questions about radiusd.conf

John Kristoff jtk at depaul.edu
Wed Oct 12 17:28:44 CEST 2016

On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 15:16:07 +0000
Mark Williams <martialstudy at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have some questions about the max_queue_size and
> max_requests_per_server which can be set in radiusd.conf .
> Max_queue_size is commented out by default; does that mean the
> default is infinity?

According to the documentation here:

  <http://networkradius.com/doc/current/raddb/radiusd.html>

The default is 65536.

> Also, what are the thoughts of the community on
> max_requests_per_server? Do most of you leave that value at 0
> (=infinity) or set it to some value and force the server to reset
> resources every so often? Inline comments suggest it's not normally
> needed.

It should be fine to leave at the default as I believe most
installations do.  I suppose it might be a defensive mechanism if
you're afraid of running into a potential leak, but I think you may
more likely suffer some performance-related penalty when or if it has
to spend time clean restarting threads.  It should be safe and is
probably best to leave at the default of zero unless you have a really
good, specific reason to change it.

John