eap module returning 'updated' rather than 'ok'

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Oct 24 17:43:45 CEST 2016

On Oct 21, 2016, at 8:12 AM, Brian Candler <b.candler at pobox.com> wrote:

> On 20/10/2016 20:01, Alan DeKok wrote:
>>> I couldn't find any reference to return codes, or "ok" or "updated", in either of these.
>>   As always, patches are welcome.
>>
> Would this be an acceptable?

  I'd rather have the comments there, but the "updated = return" commented out by default.

  I've gone through the code, and I'm just not convinced that this change will have zero effect on all EAP types.

  We're planning on fixing this for v4.  Not by figuring out the EAP module return codes, but fixing it by design.

  i.e. the ongoing conversations should be run through their own processing sections / virtual server, and NOT through the normal config.  The path for "I received a packet, what do I do?" is just too different from the path taken for "I've received the third packet of an ongoing EAP exchange"