ldap shared object

Daniel Wruck daniel.wruck at fbchammond.com
Fri Oct 28 04:29:08 CEST 2016

Having a hard time setting up my new freeRADIUS 3.0.12 on Ubuntu 16.04.  I am trying to turn on ldap; I altered the file in sites-available, and hand created a symlink to it from sites-enabled. But now I am getting an error in radiusd -X of

/usr/local/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/ldap[8]: Failed to link to module 'rlm_ldap': /usr/local/lib/rlm_ldap.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have verified that there is no rlm-ldap.so file in /usr/local/lib.  This site (https://access.redhat.com/solutions/2262901) suggests that I missed something during the make process. Are shared objects only created during the make process? How do I get one when it is missing? All the stuff I am reading implies all that is needed to make any module work is the symlink.

Daniel Wruck