create SSH accounts using RADIUS pam

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Sep 5 23:34:28 CEST 2016

On Sep 5, 2016, at 11:30 AM, Janis Heller <janis.heller at outlook.de> wrote:

> After some rethinking, it would be possible to use REST for auth and for accounting ldap? Because rest would not be able to return the needed informations for account?

  I think you're asking the entirely wrong question.

  The PAM "account" functionality has nothing to do with the RADIUS "accounting" functionality.

  You cannot get UID / GID information to a Linux system via PAM and then RADIUS accounting packets.

  You MUST configure a local user.  Either on disk, or through some other NSS module.