4.0.x Release Date

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Sep 19 14:59:24 CEST 2016

On Sep 19, 2016, at 8:51 AM, Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:
> *currently* there is little difference with 3.1.x and 4.0.x config BUT that is set to change massively.
> (I'd prefer the big changes just go to 4.1.x and 4.0.x becomes what it is now.....)

  Major releases are for changes which break configurations.  We don't do that in a minor release.

  We can't release version 3.2.  OS vendors refuse to upgrade for years, and we just don't have enough people to to support 4-5 "stable" releases

> (so whilst docs may say one thing, it may be best to wait for main developers
> to have a clear answer!)

  Use 3.0.

  If you know what you're doing, and you *need* the functionality in 3.1, then use 3.1.

  Otherwise, wait for 4.0.