user authentication including ingress/egress policing

Marijn van Gool marijn.vangool at comsave.com
Fri Apr 7 11:10:55 CEST 2017

Thanks for your reply.
The request doesn’t even reach the radius server because the juniper log says this:

Apr  7 09:05:34 profile_request_handler: session 279033, operation add, ifdev 154, err code 49, daemon "dfwd", msg "Missing inet input filter name.", retry “FALSE"

I use $junos-input-filter and $junos-output-filter which are supposed to be linked with the Radius attributes you describe. But it’s nowhere to be found in the RADIUS request message to the freeradius server.
If I configure this firewall filter statically in the Juniper, it works perfectly.

I guess I have to look further into the Juniper side. Too bad this log message doesn’t help me any further and there’s no point in googling it because not many people use it.

Marijn